- The University of Notre Dame, Bachelors in Business Administration, Certificate in Asian Pacific Business, cum laude
- Florida State University, Juris Doctor, cum laude; Law Review; Business Law Review
- Florida State University, Masters in Business Administration, magna cum laude
Hi, I'm Terin Cremer.
I am a third generation Floridian and Tampa native. After practicing law at a traditional law firm, in government, and in-house in a business, I decided to take those experiences and start my own firm.
Most recently, I was the Chief Human Resources Officer and Associate General Counsel of a national financial services company co-employing over 20,000 employees and generating over $500 million in annual revenue. Sometimes the best legal decision and the best business decision are not the same thing. I learned that a good attorney helps the business navigate this challenge and mitigate risks.
As the head of HR, I oversaw people and operational strategies for the organization. On a day to day basis, I was involved in national payroll, compensation, and benefits issues. In addition, as Associate General Counsel, I also managed a variety of legal matters including litigation, transactional, governance, and employment issues.
Before working at a large corporation, I worked under Florida Governors Crist and Scott coordinating a statewide legal team defending legislation I helped draft for the Florida Agency for Persons with Disabilities. This gave me a unique perspective on the legislative process and a strong background in appearing before administrative agencies. I began the practice of law in a traditional boutique statewide labor and employment firm.
My favorite part about my practice is getting involved before there is a problem, rolling up my sleeves, and helping clients avoid problems. Having sat on both sides of the negotiating table, I am better able to connect with your business and represent you as your attorney. Working together allows us both to be proactive.
Bar Admissions, Certifications, & Licenses
- Licensed by Florida Bar
- Admitted in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit and the Northern, Middle, and Southern Districts of Florida
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification
- Licensed Realtor
Publications & Speeches
- A Leader’s Guide to Delegating Legal Work: Stratifying Legal Services and Expanding the Role of Non-Lawyers in Your Department, Association of Corporate Counsel Annual Meeting, San Francisco, California, October 2016 (panelist with Associate General Counsel of Microsoft Corp.).
- Infiltration of NLRB in the Non-Union Workforce, Association of Corporate Counsel Annual Meeting, Los Angeles, California, October 2013 (panelist with Associate General Counsels of ConAgra Foods and Saint Gobain).
- Reforming Intestate Inheritance for Stepchildren and Stepparents, 18 Cardozo J.L. & Gender 87 (2011) (awarded second place in 2010 American Bar Association Real Property, Trust & Estate Law Section Student Writing Contest).
- We Count Too! Ending the Disenfranchisement of Limited English Proficiency Voters, 37 Fla. State Univ. L. Rev. 189 (2009) (awarded FSU Law Review Note of the Year).
- City of Tampa Civil Service Board, Member appointed by Mayor Bob Buckhorn, 2012-Present
- Hillsborough County Bar Assoc., 2013-Present
- Association of Corporate Counsel, Social Chair (2012), Employment Law Prac. Group Chair West Fla Ch. (2013-2014), 2012-Present
- Tampa Hispanic Bar Association, 2014-Present
- Leadership Florida, Connect Class III, Governance Chair of Connect Florida (2016), Chair Elect (2017), 2012-Present
- Junior League of Tampa, 2014-Present
- Academy of the Holy Names, Alumni Ass’n, October 2012-Present
- University of Notre Dame Diversity Council, Bd. of Directors, Alumni Relations Director, 2011-2016
- Tampa Connection, 2014 Class
- Palma Ceia Country Club
- Christ the King Catholic Church
- FSU College of Business Recent Alumni of the Year Award, 2016
- Tampa Bay Business Journal Top Corporate Counsel in a Private Company, 2015 Finalist
- Tampa Bay HR Person of the Year, Finalist in Up and Comer Division, 2015
- Tampa Bay Business Journal Up & Comer, 2013 Hall of Fame Winner (Highest honor to 1 young professional per year)
- FSU Alumni Association’s Thirty Under 30, 2013
- Florida Trend Legal Elite Rising Star, 2013
- Connect Florida, Class III, Leadership Florida
- Florida Gubernatorial Fellow, Class V